Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#3 jfischer

jfischer
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

Very nice rods Radivoj, both the blonde and the flamed rod. Merry Christmas and a good start into 2014.

Petri Heil
Visit My Website

#4 Canewrap

Canewrap
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

RSA,

Just curious, are you finding the Para 15 tapered rod to be a bit tip heavy? Or, are you using a heavy reel to offset that?

-Bill

#5 rsa

rsa
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

Thank You Goduster smile.gif Flaming was done with the heat gun. Not a big deal...only 3hrs of "pure patience" wink.gif

Thanks Juergen smile.gif

Bill, this taper is meant to be used on rods for bigger waters and longer casts. Being parabolic the tip is inevitably feeling heavy, much heavier compared to..for example to Payne or Dickerson's rods... But it's ok for me,.. I'm used to this kind of action. In combination with Hardy Marquis #6 reel(not a very heavy reel...) works great for my style of fishing.

r wink.gif

#6 Canewrap

Canewrap
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (rsa @ Dec 27 2013, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank You Goduster smile.gif Flaming was done with the heat gun. Not a big deal...only 3hrs of "pure patience" wink.gif

Thanks Juergen smile.gif

Bill, this taper is meant to be used on rods for bigger waters and longer casts. Being parabolic the tip is inevitably feeling heavy, much heavier compared to..for example to Payne or Dickerson's rods... But it's ok for me,.. I'm used to this kind of action. In combination with Hardy Marquis #6 reel(not a very heavy reel...) works great for my style of fishing.

r wink.gif

Hi rsa,

I have a Para 15 tapered rod as well. I'm not ok with the tip heavy feel so I bought a screwlock seat from Lemke that actually weighs 1.2 oz with the insert. Also put some leadcore line on my Marquis #6 disc reel. This little bit of weight pushed the balance point to 1/2" in front of grip with 30' of line out and the setup doesn't feel heavy at all. Just wondered if you have made any modifications to make this setup more comfortable.

-Bill

#7 silvertip8k

silvertip8k
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

beautiful clearwraps on #1...and the flaming is beautiful on #2...no doubt lots of thought went into the process of all involved...t clapping.gif
ted...artist/trout bum,
wandering monk...

http://wmflyrodco.com/

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users