First trip up to NC PA.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Bigdadyrods

Bigdadyrods

"Life is hard;It's harder for stupid people"John Wayne

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

Since we had the beginnings of an ice age here on the eastern seaboard, this was the first time I had a chance to go up to my property in the north central area of
PA. My neighbor friend and I hit my place last Wednesday and set up the place. Turned the water on, put some heat into the place,unpacked and hit the streams.
The only problem was the temps were cold and it was raining. Not a good day!.Well, Thursday was great and we hit the water and a few feeder streams of the mighty Pine
Creek in Tioga and Potter county.

The fish were a little small but it was still nice to put a bend in the rod once again. My neighbor was glad to be out, as he hasn't been fishing with the fly rod for 2 years!
We had a great time and it was a sad day to leave on Friday. I'll be going up in the next week again to chase these little critters and hopefully sign a few papers
to have my new contractor begin building---man cave--in the woods. Ahhh, life is good!!

Randy

#2 jumper

jumper
  • Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Looks like a nice outing Randy. I haven't been to the pine for a couple years now and from the pics you topped my trip. Beautiful place to fish. Make sure you update us on your man cave.

#3 feathers5

feathers5
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

Awesome place. I went up for the first time last year and I really don't know where to fish except for the Slate Run area. I also fished the Cedar Run Area of Pine Creek. It's a really beautiful place. I'm going to to be up there with my girlfriend from June 13 to 23. Maybe we can meet one of those days if you're there at that time. Where are the feeder streams of which you speak? I enjoy catching fish and don't mind catching small natives. I'm not asking for your honey holes just a stream name or area.

#4 ray126

ray126
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

Randy,it is always good to enjoy the moment.It looked like John enjoyed a well deserved trip.

#5 Bigdadyrods

Bigdadyrods

"Life is hard;It's harder for stupid people"John Wayne

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

The feeders are the upper pine above Galeton, West branch, Genesee branch, and the Asaph.

Myself and a few others will be up on the Pine on May 28 to June 2 of this year. It will be out yearly Fish-In.

Randy

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users