TL Johnson blanks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tone

tone
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

I was recently told of an American rod builder, TL Johnson who rolls his own blanks that are superb. I see he has some blank blems (cosmetic) that are discounted. Any one here built on one of his blanks or have heard good or bad about them?

#2 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 9,691 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:32 PM

I know a bit about TL/Terry Johnson blanks. Pm me tone

Steve

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#3 MrSeatrout

MrSeatrout
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Does anyone have experience with the 9ft 5 wt legacy from T.L Johnson? I have kind of setteled on the mhx from Mudhole as my next build but I have to admit that the offer on the Johnson blanks are tempting- if I only knew a little more about them.

#4 mdraft1

mdraft1
  • Members
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:45 PM

anyone here have hands on experience with these rods? I've never heard of them.

www.proofflyfishing.com

Your source for fair priced, high quality rod building supplies.  Snake Brand guides, cork, thread, blanks, rod finish, tools, etc...  

#5 mdraft1

mdraft1
  • Members
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

No one? blink.gif

www.proofflyfishing.com

Your source for fair priced, high quality rod building supplies.  Snake Brand guides, cork, thread, blanks, rod finish, tools, etc...  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users