Photo

Granger Special GS8040 8' 5wt 3/1 Bamboo Fly Rod

1 reply to this topic

#1 germanbrown

germanbrown
  • Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:02 PM

the sale of this rod fell through, so it's now on ebay.

A lovely Wright & McGill Granger Special 8' 5wt 3/1 Bamboo Fly Rod. Beautiful dark ammonia treated cane with the classic Granger Green silk thread wraps. All sections full length. The cork has not been used as a hook keeper and is not ridged. This is probably the nicest cork i've seen on a granger. The patented uplocking reel seat functions flawlessly and smoothly and is completely free of dents. This rod shines. Replacement bag and tube. A wonderful 8 foot 5 weight bamboo fly rod. The 8040 taper is one of the highly regarded best bamboo tapers ever. This is a wonderful collectible rod that is a pleasure to cast and fish. Grangers are bound to only climb in value throughout the years.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I'm selling this rod to finance some tools and materials for my bamboo rod making shop.

Thanks.

-Matt
"A three or four ounce split bamboo rod, with a well balanced reel, a tapered casting line, a leader of the proper fineness, and a well tied fly, or flies, is one of the most perfectly designed and executed triumphs of human artisanship."

-Bliss Perry

user posted image

#2 germanbrown

germanbrown
  • Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:39 PM

"A three or four ounce split bamboo rod, with a well balanced reel, a tapered casting line, a leader of the proper fineness, and a well tied fly, or flies, is one of the most perfectly designed and executed triumphs of human artisanship."

-Bliss Perry

user posted image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users