Jump to content


9wt 9' fly rod suggestions (newby)

16 replies to this topic

#16 Goduster

  • Super Moderators
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:18 AM

They are called a Maniform grip.


Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods


Your Lemke reel seat dealer


Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#17 Greg LaPolla

Greg LaPolla
  • Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:11 PM

Slick shooter would be the running line.  The shooting head is basically the same thing as the first 30 feet of fly line but generally its a couple  weights up from what would be normal.


The gel spun is a little more usually about 10 dollars more than regular backing.


You would attach one end of the shooting head to the slick shooter, your leader to the other end. You could also get a fly line with an integrated shooting head as well.


I have no idea on the manifold grip.

Reply to this topic


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users