Photo

2H#2

7 replies to this topic

#1 rsa

rsa
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:21 AM

Here it is,... my second attempt to build a "double handed" flyrod. This time I wanted to build a bit longer rod, I couldn't decide between Ron Grantham's and James Reid's tapers. They are both 12'#8. Finally...after some comparison of the "taper "numbers" the decision went to the Grantham's taper. I had to do some minor changes because of the bamboo ferrules.. Here are the pictures:

On this photo you can see the difference between 12/64 metal ferrule and bamboo ferrules of the 12'#8 and 7'6''#4/5..

The first cast..

r smile.gif

#2 j_palmborg

j_palmborg
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

Wow this is great! Beautiful thread work on the ferrules! thumbsup.gif How does she cast?

#3 janot

janot
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

Beautiful my friend !!!!

Greets.
Yesterday is history------Today is a gift------Tomorrow is a mystery.

#4 brent_e

brent_e
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (janot @ Aug 16 2013, 03:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beautiful my friend !!!!

Greets.

beautiful!
how does it cast? what grain weight?
did you hollow build???

cool ferrules.

Brent

#5 rsa

rsa
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

Thanks guys.. smile.gif

Here is the very first fish taken with the rod..

r wink.gif

#6 jfischer

jfischer
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:56 AM

God morning Radivoj, that is a beauty and it obviously has some Mojo built in. Very interesting seeing Bamboo-ferrules surviving strong fish.
Petri Heil
Visit My Website

#7 silvertip8k

silvertip8k
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

my gosh!! if thats the first fish I guess we can all go home about now!

I bet if you made a 6wt you would love it too on some smaller fish as well...no doubt it will also be a super rod...
ted...artist/trout bum,
wandering monk...

http://wmflyrodco.com/

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

#8 rsa

rsa
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

An update...
Stefano didn't like the reelseat because was too short to accommodate his vintage reels with (extra) long feet.. About 90-95mm!?! Just for a comparison...a "normal" trout reel has a 60mm long foot! He asked me to change the seat. That meant that I had to destroy the seat and the lower grip.. I really didn't like the idea, so I decided to build a new butt section.. Here it is... with a huge aluminium reelseat, with olivewood insert.. (..hope it is "huge" enough!!?? laugh.gif )

r wink.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users