Photo

Ever want to make a butt plug?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Refund

Refund
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:29 PM

After much trial and error, I had a lot of issues making my own closed end fighting butts symmetrical.. So I thought that I would just turn one with an open end and plug it up after.. I went on the internet and attempted to order some rings and matching butt plugs. What do you know? Just my luck, the only color plug I wanted is the only one out of stock.. I hit the drawing board and after much deliberation this is what I came up with..

I took an old, spent .38 shell casing, (which happens to be the perfect diameter for a 3/8ths inch mandrel, a 9mm is as well but the length of the cartridge would have been an issue in my case..) I rested the spent shell on a vice, knocked the primer out with a small tap and hammer and drilled out the little shelf the primer sits on to make things easier later.. I went over to my ugly green machine and I chucked it up, used the live center to help make sure things were lined up and to assure that it spun true as possible. I took some sand paper and began to thin out the edge.. I left the shell casing in the drill chuck and put a ring into my chuck. It actually cut through the rubberized cork like butter. To get the cork out of the casing I just took a small bit and pushed it from the hole in the back.

I was surprised that it worked out as well as it did.. I don't feel comfortable using the plug with the ring it came from because there seems to be a little too much space, it appears as if it's a little tapered, too.. If I can get my hands on a drill press I can try to make more plugs from this ring and then cut them in half to save a little on material in the future. I'll just use a drill bit slightly smaller than the diameter of the plug on a different ring and take things from there.

262b1353-69d1-469f-82b0-261473fb9f11.jpg

image4.jpg

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

Has anybody else discovered a successful method for this?

#2 Badfish Creek

Badfish Creek
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

Nice work but your solution was right in front of you the whole time....

butt.jpg

#3 Refund

Refund
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:09 PM

Nice, I like it! I thought about it but I thought that I would prefer the cork plug.. I'll see how things look once it starts to come together.

#4 Bgordon

Bgordon
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:04 PM

very creative for sure.. Nice work

#5 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:01 AM

Nice.  You could match the butt plug or use a contrasting color or pattern.  Was thinking of EVA- contrasting colors.  Thanks for sharing the idea!  Have lots of 38, 45, and 44 cartridges.  Or could cut down rifle cartridges, if needed.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users