Photo

Neat Epoxy Tray Tip

2 replies to this topic

#1 rrjansen

rrjansen
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:34 PM

This may have been posted before but I just came across a neat tip to use for an epoxy tray.  Instead of those flimsy aluminum trays you can simply use the cap off a medium sized jar and then line the jar with aluminum foil.  Once it is too fill of left over epoxy, just remove and toss the foil and replace it.  No need to buy another tin tray.  I also roll up some tape on one side of the bottom to concentrate the epoxy on the low side of the cap.  Works great for me.

#2 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:24 AM

I just pour out the mixed epoxy on a clean piece of aluminum foil, dull side up.  Cuts glare from lights.  I keep it on the table to monitor the curing of the epoxy.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#3 FisherQueen

FisherQueen
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:09 PM

I use old Mason Jar lids, the kind you have to (okay, should) replace if you are reusing canning jars. They have a good wide shape, and a little rim. I cover them with aluminum foil, and when I'm done, I just toss the foil.  When I need to add a little heat to the epoxy, they stand up fine.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users