Photo

perfect alignment of guides

17 replies to this topic

#16 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:01 PM

Wonder how the old rod builders did it before lasers?

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#17 Charlie Smith

Charlie Smith
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

Don’t let the looks fool you this tool is not meant to take away your eye judgment this tool is used to line up your guides in a perfect line on the rod but it sure seems like allot of readers think it is so I just wanted to clear that up. To use this Lazar tool right you first need to line up your guides by sight on the rod in the strait EST line up that you can place the guides on the rod. The next step would be to mount the tool on you reel seat of the rod ana only then do you turn it on as the Lazar setup tool is not made to line up your guides in a perfect line up but to help one do so. Once you mount the tool on the reel Seat or rod and turn it on you will then be able to see the Lazar on the rod and the center of your guides and then see exactly were you need to make your corrections on the rod so this is used as a helper not a perfect line up tool.

Lazar Setup

Lazar Tool

Where is this tool available? Thank-you!

#18 Night-Life

Night-Life
  • Members
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Bumping and Humping.

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:10 PM

John you just use this tool as a starting point for your layout because after about the first 4 guides the lazer will shoot off the rod to the side do to the blank not being straight just like the one that Mudhole sells does. I rigged mine with a Velcro Stap connected to the reel seat on the lazer so that when the lite goes off to the side of the blank I just mark the center at the point that it went off the blank. Now that the point is marked I will simply move the lazer up to that point and shoot from there so to line up the other half of the blank.

Glenn McMurrian

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users