Acidrod.com shop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#31 My4Kiwis

My4Kiwis
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

Trigger.....I'm just a new guy here but the impression I have from reading your posts and seeing the content/attitude and grammar in them, is that you are young and have yet to develop the proper etiquette for expressing yourself in a public forum. I don't believe anyone would have a problem with you posting about a bad experience....you just need to do it tactfully and without any sort of "attitude".

If you have any hope of these fine folks offering their generous help to you in the future I'd make a public apology and hope to start fresh...otherwise I'd look elsewhere.

Cheers,
4Kiwis

"When My Ship Comes In, I'll Probably Be At The Airport."

#32 trigger

trigger
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

there posts and there wording was no better than mine... there is no reason for me to appolgize, your post was put very well and you have my respect for that, it was well put in a good way, there posts and attitude are no better than mine i honestly think there wrose but that might be because im a differant seat and have to sit here and respond to someone calling me a thief scum looser no good and get lost basically, and for what? no i personly dont like them anyway I didnt care for them before dont like them now, i think very little of the two of them, others here they might not be what they consider a rod builder but i see there work as better some of the nicest rods ive seen has come from yall hobby builders don't sell yourself s short allot of your work is right up there past them, it looks great and im sure it fishes just as good if not better.

top it off it would probably cost acid rod more to get the stuff back than its worth and they probably wouldn't re-sell it anyway. am i right about this or no???? yet they act like i should be calling them weekly to take there stuff back?

#33 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Hi trigger, allow me to shed some light on this whole subject if I may and maybe this can all be worked out so that everyone involved understands each other better.

First off I assure you that all members of RBF are welcome here and are encouraged to post/reply and feel right at home if they truly are here to be friendly & helpful. I do not ban someone without having a valid reason for banning them so let me say that first & foremost.

As to the reason why it may seem like some of the mods were keeping a close eye on you...well, yes they were, but here is why that is. You just started posting more on the site a few days ago and it started with the thread which got locked the other day. In that thread your first post since you started being active with posting, was where you called two of the moderators (Kbproctor & Goduster) "bozos...jealous...and that they made snotty posts"...which were in reference to the replies they made under that topic that was locked. So when someone that is not yet well known as a member makes those types of remarks it throws up some red flags as to the intent of that persons posting.

As to the moderators remarks under that locked post- What they said to that person in that post may have seemed a bit harsh to you, but that is because you simply are not seeing some of the past that lead up to the post. The remarks Kbproctor & Goduster made to the person that started that locked topic were made for a number of reasons. One being that the question about how to remove a reel seat has been asked and explained probably close to 50 times just in the past 2 years alone, and probably closer to 75 times if you were to go back to the beginning of the website. The main reason it is not "pinned" is just because this site has a "search" feature like most sites do and to find the answer to that question all that needs to be done is to type in "remove seat" in the search box and the answer is found in many posts, so things such as that should not need to be pinned to be honest.

The other reason for the moderators brutally honest replies were because the person asking that question had up till very recently used a company name in his signature where it looked to mean that he was a professional rod builder for hire (servicing customers) and anyone that says they are a builder, especially one that seems to be promoting themselves as a "professional" builder, should have the knowledge of rod building to already know how to do something as simple as remove a reel seat. To come on the site and ask a question such as that and then say your a builder., well to put that in a related analogy... That would be like a person claiming they are a mechanic and then ask on a website how to change the plugs in a car. Does that help you to understand a bit better why the two moderators replied in the manner they did?

The other thing that threw up some red flags in your case is that you somewhat boasted about getting stuff sent to you which you didn't order from acidrods and you never tried to recontact them to send the stuff back. Perhaps your not aware of this but the rod building community is a very small, very tight knit community and we take care of our own. Many of the companies/suppliers/builders in the industry are all "friends" which talk to each other in person/on the phone almost every week. So even though you may have not done anything "wrong" against Acidrods, the fact that you didn't try to do "right" by recontacting them yourself to remind them to send a prepaid shipper will be viewed negatively by other builders/suppliers because as I said it is a tight knit community. No one is saying you should pay to send the stuff back, or that you should be calling them everyday. But what people are saying is that perhaps you should have dropped them a email/single phone call to remind them, and then after that if they still don't do anything about it then hey at least you tried.

Lastly the other reason why some of the mods were wondering if you were an actual genuine person that wants to share with the site or if maybe you were someone just trying to "troll" the website for negative replies is due to the way your posts are typed. No one needs to be 100% perfect when it comes to grammar and punctuation, but some of your replies are honestly a bit hard to read due to the lack of punctuation & spelling. I'm not saying that to inslut you, just letting you know perhaps why we were not sure about your intentions here.

Hopefully that helps you to understand some of what other people have said here and why they have replied the way they have replied in that locked topic as well as here.

Steve

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#34 kbproctor

kbproctor
  • Super Moderators
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

It's obvious you don't get it, but the stuff is not yours. 2... you claim they are family, who most of us believe you treat better than others. 3... You claim to have had a problem but I can not see how this is a problem you had with them or how you were harmed in any way. 4... You are having no problems expressing your amusement over the mistake that didn't harm you. 5... you are trying to justify treating "family" like trash by blaming Ron and myself of picking on you.

Ron and I might be old farts in your book, but we are HONEST old farts who would never dream of treating anyone on this board in a manner like this let alone treat family like this. You have simply been called on it and scolded for it just like we would if one of our grandkids was being a little shit.gif . Now take it like a man or go away and pout.
Kevin

Colorado Custom Fly Rods, Ltd.

If your parents never had kids, chances are you won't either....

#35 trigger

trigger
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

LOL

its nice to see members capable of cleaning up there messes in a proper way... i guess just cause there mods there poop can stink and it takes decent members to make a post to clear everything up correctly..

i guess there sore cuz i asked for the credentials when they were acting mighty, im sure that must have taisted salty LOL... i guess that might be the reason there jumping on me over this...

#36 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (trigger @ Feb 13 2012, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL

its nice to see members capable of cleaning up there messes in a proper way... i guess just cause there mods there poop can stink and it takes decent members to make a post to clear everything up correctly..

i guess there sore cuz i asked for the credentials when they were acting mighty, im sure that must have taisted salty LOL... i guess that might be the reason there jumping on me over this...

Okay that just about does it then. I tried to have a genuine conversation with you about why it seemed the way it did to you and what do you do?....you come right back and insult two of my moderators yet again in a very childish manner. This obviously is not the type of website that you should be a part of so your time here has now ended.

Banned and topic closed as well.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users