Photo

Dummy Question

3 replies to this topic

#1 msn26753

msn26753
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:36 AM

Just got Batson rod dryer in... how do u put rod in dryer.. its got the rubber cover with the hole in it. Do you force the blanks in. Because the holes to big for blank but after handles on it the hole is 2 small.. if anyone else has this rod dryer, does your screw in back on chuck screw all the way in? Sorry for dumb questions but if you seen these silly directions you would understand why im questioning how to use the dang thing...lol

#2 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:54 AM

The only dumb question is the one not asked.  Asking questions is how we learn.  I'll let others help you with the question.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#3 Greg LaPolla

Greg LaPolla
  • Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

If you have the dryer with the rubber cover you should be able to just jam the butt section into it.  If you don't have the handle on yet masking tape works wonders.  If you have the dryer with a chuck, loosen the wing nut looking thing on the rear and then you should be able to rotate the outer rings to expand the chuck.

Greg

#4 phg

phg
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:22 AM

I don't have that model, but I have a CRB that has a large rubber cap with a 1/2" hole in it.  It is intended to hold a standard reel seat securely.  You just shove it in, and it stretches to accommodate.  If you don't want to install the reel seat yet, build it up with tape as Greg suggests.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users