Photo

Decal Production and another Fall Outage.......

2 replies to this topic

#1 Golden Touch Decals

Golden Touch Decals
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Fly Fishing, Custom wood turning for reel seats, Custom Rod Building, Photography

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:17 PM

Dear Fellow Rodbuilders......

As I now sit in my office at work, it's that time of year again when all fun stops and we must get serious about keeping the place running for another 18 months. Today, September 10, 2016 AD is the start of our fall maintenance outage where I work and it is scheduled to be at least 35, long, hot, arduous days of "gittin' 'er done" for the sake of continued paychecks. Most Spring & Fall outages usually run between 8 & 10 days.

I am the lead outage planner so the bulk of my work is complete and now it's all execution.....for the tradesmen anyway-----and there are a lot of them on site this fall.  See what I mean, even on the rod-board works gets in the way of the important stuff.............

So, decals can still be had but please plan a bit further ahead as this Fall we aren't utilizing a night shift so my "leaving time" from day shift will usually be much later than normal which is 6:30am to 7:30pm.  One good note is that decals may be the only thing I feel like doing when I get home anyway!!

So with that in mind, I will continue to do the best I can with what time I have at my disposal and get out orders in a timely manner.

Thanks to all that have ordered from me so far this year as it has kept me busy as I also worked through the planning stages of this outage at home. And due to that I appreciate your patience and understanding as this is not a full time job, just a full time hobby where work gets in the way.......

Thanks again to all and wish us well as we stumble through this next month......"sharpening the saw"

Charlie

Charles Armontrout

Sweetwater Fly Rods &  Golden Touch Decals

SweetwaterFlyRods.com

"I'll create your custom rod decals so you won't have to"

"The best decals are the ones you STICK with....."

#2 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for the information.  You do a great job on decals and your instructions are top-notch!

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#3 Golden Touch Decals

Golden Touch Decals
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Fly Fishing, Custom wood turning for reel seats, Custom Rod Building, Photography

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:03 PM

Thanks Brother John...I appreciate the kind words.

Two days down.....33 more to go....!!

Charlie.........

Charles Armontrout

Sweetwater Fly Rods &  Golden Touch Decals

SweetwaterFlyRods.com

"I'll create your custom rod decals so you won't have to"

"The best decals are the ones you STICK with....."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users