Flies

21 replies to this topic

#16 Carl Z

Carl Z
  • Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Jul 16 2012, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty much all filled now. But the bulk of the tying is done now.
Steve

If you didn't loose as many flys, you wouldn't need to spend as much time tying. whistling1.gif

#17 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

Another little project. Walmart $7 basket, bag of golf tees & a drill = Boat stripping basket. And at night it'll double as a bear dead fall laugh.gif

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#18 Jojackc

Jojackc
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Jul 16 2012, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another little project. Walmart $7 basket, bag of golf tees & a drill = Boat stripping basket. And at night it'll double as a bear dead fall laugh.gif

It won't have the pegs to keep your line from tangling but the best stripping basket I have is a collapsible laundry basket with a 2 1/2 pound weight dropped in the bottom. Great for the boat because you can pack it down when you move from spot to spot. That basket you made is long gone if you hit 60mph in your bass boat haha!

#19 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

I've tried ones like the picture you posted and I just can't use those. For some reason I never can get use to such a small opening to strip the line into, that's why I went with the full size laundry type basket. My boat will hit 50mph but I'm not worried about the basket going over. It's a ProCraft fish hunter 180 so it has nice high sides on it so no worries about anything going over wink.gif

Steve

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

#20 Jojackc

Jojackc
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

The trick is to leave some line still in the basket. Don't cast it all out. That way as your stripping in the line it was to naturally follow the line thats heading down into the basket.

#21 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Got Flies?

Click picture

mcfr.jpg

#22 kbproctor

kbproctor
  • Super Moderators
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

I can see it now... He lays the open boxes out to brag on his tying, a gust of wind, the water boils and fishing is DONE for 2 weeks. hysterical.gif
Kevin

Colorado Custom Fly Rods, Ltd.

If your parents never had kids, chances are you won't either....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users