Photo

Pac Bay Omni Arbors

2 replies to this topic

#1 SmokingOhioButcher

SmokingOhioButcher
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:36 PM

Has anyone used the new Pac Bay Omni Arbors? Are there any Videos on how to use them yet?

#2 Bigdadyrods

Bigdadyrods

"Life is hard;It's harder for stupid people"John Wayne

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

They're pretty easy to use. Buy 2-3 of them and try them. The larger the blank, the more the arbor swells and the fins turn sideways to take up the growth of the inside diameter. The one side of the arbor pretty much stays the same but a little swelling does take place. The fins take in the epoxy glue and holds the arbor to the blank. It also pushes all of the epoxy and a dam of it builds up to adhere the seat to the blank. I tried a 2 sets and it's not a bad set-up but I don't think I'll switch over from my other arbors that I use. I'll keep on hand a few sets just when I see that they will work better than the others.
Randy

#3 MikeK

MikeK
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:01 PM

I got a demo set of a couple different sizes at ICAST last year.  Randy's description of how they are installed is good.

What I found is that if the blank was much larger than the hole in the closed end of the arbor, the reel seat would not fit over the arbor because the edge of the closed end got pushed out.  Happened with both size 16 and 17.  Definitely dry fit before you glue up!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users