Large Rod Building websites?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Simplejack

Simplejack
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Fishing

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:42 AM

What online websites have the best selection of rod building supplies? What are some good brands for reel seats for a spinning rod? Is there brands to stay away from? I'm not looking to build super cheap, but I want good parts. I have no idea what is good and what is not so good..

I know of Mudhole and Anglersworkshop. Is there any other good super stores out there? 

#2 Greg LaPolla

Greg LaPolla
  • Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:53 AM

Try looking at the website sponsors.   

#3 John A.

John A.
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

Bingham Enterprises is one that I use a lot. They are also a sponsor of this site. You can either email or phone Karen for any assistance as she is very knowledgeable about her products.

John A.

#4 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:01 AM

I second the motion of Karen at Bingham ent, Great person and very knowledgeable to deal with

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

www.southwestcustomrods.com

Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#5 jsid6g

jsid6g
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:37 PM

when you say cheep ??????????????   seeing that you are not building a couple of hundred rods you don't get the good price's

you spend the time on doing a rod ,  what t is your labor that cost , what is your time worth, ????????????

this is a hobby for the most part   I think  if you want a cheep rod go to the local to the local big box store an get a cheep rod 

that's  the cheep way  

#6 PENZZZ

PENZZZ
  • Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:27 PM

Hello Simplejack,
Others have pointed out vendors that carry a wide selection. However, what I've found over the years is that I rarely source an entire rod from one vendor. There are many interesting components out there, and as you develop your skills and designs you'll likely be purchasing from a variety of vendors despite some additional shipping costs. Good luck!

Jeff

#7 Simplejack

Simplejack
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Fishing

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:01 PM

Hello Simplejack,
Others have pointed out vendors that carry a wide selection. However, what I've found over the years is that I rarely source an entire rod from one vendor. There are many interesting components out there, and as you develop your skills and designs you'll likely be purchasing from a variety of vendors despite some additional shipping costs. Good luck!

Jeff

Yeah I was afraid of that. Been looking around trying to get all I want from one place, but to really get what I want, it's going to have to be a couple different palces.. Good thing I also have a rod building shop 10 minutes from my house, so that saves me a bit of cash also and the prices are the same as anywhere online, so that's a plus.

#8 lymanx

lymanx
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

Were I in Washington St. I'd be looking to Utmost Enterprises I buy from them and I'm in PA. Cheapest shipping ever.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users