Gudebrod is out of business.

Randy

Well there !!

#17 jimbofish

jimbofish
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:33 PM

... my casting style is to load the rod with the aid of almost a backcast type approach. i keep the lure on about a foot of line and , flip it back then load up on the forward cast. This is for the boat and shore on ponds and lakes, not streams so much ( though you never know when we might hit the mouth of a river).. I load up about head level pushing forward and let the feel of the lure dictate when I release the line.. The rod should allow me to feel the lure when casting and the action of the lure in the water to establish correct retrieve speed.. I can get quite a lot of distance out of not too powerful a blank this way. I'd say I don't need an ultra fast action. I'm just getting used to a short ( cheap store bought) iM 7 rod after having my short Fin-Nor iM6 stollen on a trip to Maine. The iM7 will shoot a lure well ( better than the iM6 did) but for a short UL action rod it's a bit stiff holding little trout, acceptable but just different than I was used to...  1/8th oz capable would be wonderful incidentally. I mostly throw 1/6 and not really over 1/4 oz. I do have some 1/8th's too though.

This sounds about what I've been looking for.  Did you ever decide on a blank?

#18 Washougal

Washougal
  • Members
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:59 PM

Jimbofish,
If you want the latest info, start a new thread, many won't come back on an old thread.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users