Parabolic 10 grams spinning rod blank

8 replies to this topic

#1 Raynor

Raynor
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hi guys,

I'm searching for the right blank for building a spinning rod with 10 grams lure weight and a length around the 2 meters. I want the rod to have a parabolic action and want to use it for poppers, plugs, spoons and maybe bigger spinners.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

#2 Washougal

Washougal
  • Members
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

The CCB 834-MHX composite crankbait blank should work. If the 10 gram weight is the "sweet spot" like your post appears to be saying you want the weight to be in the middle of the blank's lure rasting.

#3 Raynor

Raynor
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for the reply! Does this blank have a parabolic action? Where can I get this blank?

#4 Washougal

Washougal
  • Members
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

There is no such thing as a parabolic action rod, a parabola looks like one of the two McDonald's.golden arches. It would suck as a rod. People mean a moderate action blank when they say that.
Mudhole and a bunch of companies on their dealer network would have access the the blank. Another that would work would be the St Croix 3S66MM or 70MM blanks, they are a bit more money.
The good people at Mudhole can help with comparative info on both, and probably a few I haven't mentioned.

#5 Raynor

Raynor
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

Parabolic action, bend until the handle headbang.gif

The blanks you're naming, I can't find them on Mudhole. I was already searching there... unsure.gif

#6 Washougal

Washougal
  • Members
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Just went there had no problem. Go to MHX freshwater blanks, all the way to the bottom of the listing. Select St Croix, freshwater blanks, SCIII series blanks. Casting blanks, in the middle of the selections you'll see the blanks with MM at the end of the part numbers. Hope I helped.

#7 Raynor

Raynor
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Thanks mate!

The 3C70MM is on mudhole, not the 3S70MM. But I think there is no difference between a spinning and a casting blank hm?

#8 Washougal

Washougal
  • Members
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

They are all casting © blanks in the St Croix catalog that you want. Google the numbers for a bunch info as they are extremely popular blanks and factory rods.

#9 Raynor

Raynor
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for the info! I think I'm gonna look for that blank!

I only hesitate which blank I'm going to buy first, because I'm also planning to build a rod with a glass blank!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users