Photo

Considering building a couple of fly rods. First time. Learning curve?

32 replies to this topic

#31 Chris_NH

Chris_NH
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:41 PM

Well, the moment of truth is coming.  Components will be here over the next few days. As usual I went a bit overboard and bought components for 4 rods.  2 six footers, a 10' and a 12'.  I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions (many of them stupid, so bear with me) over the coming few weeks. :)

#32 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:11 AM

Mixing cups?  You can go to the pharmacy and get the little cups that come with cough medicine.  They buy in large bottles but don't use the cups.  I get mine from Hardee's- the cups for ketchup.  I'm cheap!  Or.....Dollar Tree has plastic cups for party snacks.  They come in colors.

File?  Be careful as some in my rod building classes ream out to an oval shape.

Good advice from many here.

The only stupid question is the one not asked- Dad.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#33 Chris_NH

Chris_NH
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:26 AM

Mixing cups?  You can go to the pharmacy and get the little cups that come with cough medicine.  They buy in large bottles but don't use the cups.  I get mine from Hardee's- the cups for ketchup.  I'm cheap!  Or.....Dollar Tree has plastic cups for party snacks.  They come in colors.

File?  Be careful as some in my rod building classes ream out to an oval shape.

Good advice from many here.

The only stupid question is the one not asked- Dad.

I ordered some mixing cups with stirrers. Thought the lines for measurement would come in handy. Got 10 of both for like $1.95

Gotta amend your dad's advice for forums nowadays.. Now it's "one that goes unsearched for using the search function of the board"...  :P

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users