Photo

Gudebrod Thread

8 replies to this topic

#1 BayouBound

BayouBound
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:23 PM

I am in the process of gathering everything for my first build, and have been researching which brands of thread seem to be the most popular.  I have been reading a lot about a brand called Gudebrod but most of the discussions were from a few years ago.  Is this company still around?  If so, where can I find this brand of thread?  Seems to be tough to find.  Thanks!

#2 ACowley

ACowley
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:13 PM

Unfortunately, Gudebrod is out of business. I'll use pro wrap, fish hawk, and Fuji Ultrapoly and like them all about equally.  The only one I won't use any longer is PacBay.  I don't think it looks as nice as the others, and for some reason I'll occasionally get some that gets really loose after applying CP.  Also the metallic PacBay gets really "twisty" as you're using it.

#3 BayouBound

BayouBound
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for that info!

#4 roadking

roadking
  • Members
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

Soooo, I just watched the video of the rod building expo and it looked like there was a big sign at one of the booths for Gudebrod.  Any info on that?

Mike

#5 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:21 PM

Most likely some NOS that someone had that they were closing out would be my guess.  Maybe someone that was at the Expo can chime in on the facts

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

www.southwestcustomrods.com

Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#6 jumper

jumper
  • Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:23 PM

1-321-345-7637" Ask for Ed sorry don't remember the last name. He had a large stock last year at the expo. Not sure what is left

Hope this helps, Bob

#7 RavenBC

RavenBC
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

I am just a hobby builder, but really like American Tackle Pro Wrap, I would suggest using and buying thread that you can still order and replace it you need an extra spool to finish a build.

#8 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:34 PM

The new Fuji Ultra poly is really starting to take off, and a pleasure to work with

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

www.southwestcustomrods.com

Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#9 ACowley

ACowley
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

Agree with Raven. It becomes really difficult to finish a build if you run out of a thread that isn't available anymore in the middle of wrapping.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users