Gold Thread?

4 replies to this topic

#1 JarrodRuggles

JarrodRuggles

Banned from fishing in 48 states~!

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:56 PM

I' ve got a great idea for my next project, but I'm not quite sure where to find this product. I'm wanting to buy a gloss black rod, and use copper guides/hook keeper . I want to use black thread with some sort of gold/copper trim band. Do they sell gold/copper thread that won't darken to much with the flex coat. Thanks .. Jarrod headbang.gif

#2 mrchbrwn

mrchbrwn
  • Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:37 AM

Check out Jann's Netcraft, I know they carry metallic gold and copper. They also carry pretty much every color you could think of.

Rick

#3 Kingfisher

Kingfisher

It's better to have a rod and not need it than need a rod and not have it

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:14 AM

Gudebrod makes a metallic gold thread for accent wraps that I have used before; it's called #521 HT Metallic Gold, and it doesn't seem to darken at all. I used this thread with Gudebrod's CP and their "regular-build" rod finish, FWIW.

#4 MSUICEMAN

MSUICEMAN

When this baby hits 88mph...your gonna see some serious sh*t!

• Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:56 AM

if you want metallic thread, it shouldn't darken or become transparent at all under finish, as essentially its woven foil over a nylon core in most instances. some are easier to work with than others....

btw, where are you finding copper colored guides?

steve

#5 Kingfisher

Kingfisher

It's better to have a rod and not need it than need a rod and not have it

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:10 PM

Looking into my rod-building arsenal reminded me that I have over 20 new spools of size A Gudebrod not going to use; 6 red, 4 black, 5 green, 2 royal blue, 3 brown, 1 gold (340), 2 metallic gold, 1 metallic silver, 1 metallic teal. Anyone interested? $20 plus shipping, it's all yours!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users