9ft 3wt SHX

4 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,487 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:45 AM

Just finished this one up and about to ship out of the shop. Possibly the prettiest color combo together IMO. Classic twist red&black on a titanium color shx blank. I love this combo on a rod. Burl wood seat with a bit of mix cork and red accents in the grip and single turn metallic trim bands.
z5YBpy.jpg
iknHND.jpg
yj0B1N.jpg
7hE4F7.jpg
yT6MrJ.jpg
flDCVs.jpg

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 WayneO

WayneO
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

Looks great.  The seat and grip are perfect together.  

#3 coyodel

coyodel
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

That does look great with that thread.  

I'm amazed how you manage to get the epoxy over the signature section to look that good on every rod because it's one of the few things that still makes me bang my head on the desk.

Half this game is 90% mental.

#4 gmorin71

gmorin71
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

Looks great. What is the red inlay in the handle? is that thread? 

#5 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,487 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

It's craft foam.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users