Photo

MicroWave or MicroWave 30 Line Control System?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Simplejack

Simplejack
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Fishing

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:55 PM

MicroWave or MicroWave 30 Line Control System? What is the difference besides a double foot guide on the 30? Would I need the 30 for a 9'6" Medium action spin rod for Steelhead and Salmon float fishing and jig twitching? I'm not finding much info on these guides anywhere.. Also, I'm sure it is, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Is it ok to put a Nanolite tip top on a Duralite guide setup?

#2 Washougal

Washougal
  • Members
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:50 AM

The double foot 30 would only need to be used if you beat your gear up. Otherwise no need, my concern would be if you fish in below freezing weather a lot, the system was designed by a very good bass fisherman who lived in Florida so cold weather performance was never a concern. A cold, stiff line passing through that first little 6 mm guide inside the larger 20 mm ring would be a real concern for me.

#3 baitwaister

baitwaister
  • Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:23 PM

The 20 mm Microwave/Airwave guides are generally for use with size 1000-3000 size spinning reels and the 30 would be used for the bigger spinning reels. a 3500 size reel could probably use either/or.

#4 Simplejack

Simplejack
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Fishing

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:35 PM

ok thanks. You would think they would have a website with all the details, but it's just a description of the system and that's it.. I been noticing there is not much details on many of the rod building products.. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users