How many Guides?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Simplejack

Simplejack
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Fishing

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:18 AM

Going to be getting a IST1144F Rainshadow RX7 9'6" m/f 10-17 3/8-1o 5.5 tip for float fishing jigs and beads under a slip bobber, twitching a few jigs off the bottom and casting some Dicknites.

Going to get the Microwave guide system, but not sure how many extra guides I need to purchase? Should I call Batson and ask them or does anyone know how many guides I should probably get. I'm thinking maybe 3 more?

And for some reason, this set doesn't come with a tip top.. Any suggestions?

http://www.mudhole.c...e-Duralite-Ring

#2 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

Jack when it comes to microwaves most guys will space the running guides between 4-6" apart at the most. So you will probably end up with somewhere around 14 guides on a 9'6" rod (that's including your stripper and transition guides.) So if it were me I would probably order 4-5 extras just to be on the safe side. Better to have one too many left over than be short one.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#3 Simplejack

Simplejack
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Fishing

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:55 PM

Jack when it comes to microwaves most guys will space the running guides between 4-6" apart at the most. So you will probably end up with somewhere around 14 guides on a 9'6" rod (that's including your stripper and transition guides.) So if it were me I would probably order 4-5 extras just to be on the safe side. Better to have one too many left over than be short one.

OK thanks. I will order 4 then and we will see how that works. If I need a extra, my local shop has them I think. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users