Photo

small rod needs

3 replies to this topic

#1 skeetnboo

skeetnboo
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

Morning folks. Where can I order a small, complete cork handle w/slide rings for a 6' project rod I am "attempting" :)...my 1st adventure. I had found one a few months ago on line & for the life of me, cannot locate it again. Probably due to my limited abilities with this puter stuff! Lol anyway, I willprobably have to cut? or sand it down to 5" which will accomidate this rod better than 6" Any help will be greatly appreciated..... Skeet

#2 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:18 PM

I can do it with a downlock style and a single slide band

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

www.southwestcustomrods.com

Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#3 Carl Z

Carl Z
  • Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:23 PM

Morning folks. Where can I order a small, complete cork handle w/slide rings for a 6' project rod I am "attempting" :)...my 1st adventure.

Were you looking at the Janns Netcraft handle for around $10.   It is a bargain and I have used them.  However they work best on thin blanks.  If the butt of the rod is big, it involves a lot of reaming which can lead to the grip cracking.  

#4 skeetnboo

skeetnboo
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:25 PM

Sorry but I am working my way through this quagmire & what a great learning curve !! I am having a blast....went over to Coeur D' Idaho & met Joe Roop of Castaway fly shop. What a great person...he was getting ready to leave for Alaska & Mark Few ( Gonzaga's mens basketball coach) was tagging along....Joe took the time to take me into his "dungeon" of parts...cane, fiberglass, graphite, etc & found me a cork handle set up & gave me permission to return & help myself !!! WOW His shop guy Tim said when you need something you know where it is ! ...... & the wonderfull stories Joe shared were priceless.. hard to find a nicer guy! I am also trying to enlist my brides help to learn how to post photos.....just an update gents :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users