Jump to content


I need some help!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie Smith

Charlie Smith
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:43 PM

I'm new and need some help. I'm about to build my wrapper. I'm 73 and my hands are Arthritic. 

I have seen several folks use wing nuts to secure the verticle rod holders. However, I have also seen numerous others that used much larger bakelite or plastic knobs that appear to be for 1/4" bolts. Because they are much larger than wingnuts, they would be MUCH better for my Arthritis! The problem, I can't find them, I've searched Lowes and Home Depot, to no avail! Can someone tell me where you got yours and what did you ask for? Knobs doesn't work because the will try to show you cabinet knobs. I guess I should have said they appear to be black and star shaped! Thanks for your time and help!

Very Kind Regards,


#2 flyman219

  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Location:Redmond, Washington
  • Interests:Fly fishing, fly tying, rod building, restoring old outboard motors, home remodeling, family stuff, my kids, retirement fun!

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:44 AM

You can find those in the Specialty fasteners drawers at both HD and Lowes, another source is Amazon;





#3 BAM67

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:43 PM



Also google " T track knobs" , "T track accessories" or "jig hardware" . They are used by woodworkers to make shop made jigs using T track. For T track they come in 1/4"-20 and 5/16"-18 but can be found in smaller sizes too.

Brian Myers

#4 Tomah

  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:20 PM

I recently bought a star knob for my cork press at Ace Hardware.

#5 Charlie Smith

Charlie Smith
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:57 AM

Thanks to ALL you folks! GREAT SOLUTIONS!

Very appreciated!

Very Kind Regards,

Charlie Smithsmile.png

Reply to this topic


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users