Photo

8 ft. 3 pc. 5wt.

1 reply to this topic

#1 vatroutbum

vatroutbum
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

Looking for a fast action 5 wt. 8 ft. 3 pc. taper. Recommendations ?

I thought I may just convert a Dickerson 8053 to a 3 pc. Thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

Scott

Sorry, I meant Dickerson 8013.

#2 phg

phg
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

The Dickerson Mystery Taper, 8053, is an 8' 0" 5wt 3-piece that Harry Boyd contributed to the David Ray Taper Library. By all accounts, it's a fast taper. The writeup that goes with it says:
Powerful 5 wt that seems to be an unknown Dickerson taper. I'll post the original Mystery Rod Taper as soon as I can find it. For those who are interested here's the three piece version. It's a powerful 5 weight which will cast a whole line in the right hands. Not at all parabolic much "faster" action. Fished with it extensively this past weekend and found that the very soft tip (.051) helps me prevent breaking off the 7x tippet I found necessary for spooky fish Again thanks to Dennis Higham for sharing this taper with me!! Harry

If we were to specify it as Dickerson normally did, it would be an 801016, but there's no record of Dickerson selling such a rod.

That aside, I've worked out my stations, and it's probably going to be the next rod I build. I've got a couple of honeydos to finish before I can do that, though.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users