Photo

Pictures of latest Build on NFC 1302 Delta Blank

1 reply to this topic

#1 10 ga Bob

10 ga Bob
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

Here are some pics of my latest build on the NFC 1302-2 IM 13’ Delta blank.  Special thanks to bishOp and Goduster for pointing me to Imgur to get these pictures up. I had posted this on the centerpin forum so, if you’ve already seen this – never mind! You may notice that I didn’t like the ridges on the delta blank so I carefully wet-sanded them off.  Guides are Fuji Alconite BYAG strippers, BLAG runners and a BFAT tip top.  Thread is Pro Wrap NCP burnt orange, mars red and old gold with some black Fish Hawk on the butt wrap and ferrule wrap. The finish is Threadmaster lite. Cork is red rubberized, red burl, burnt, cactus and natural.  I inlaid a brass 10 ga shell head in the butt for my signature.  Reel seat is Batson RA8L2-B with dyed and stabilized box elder burl insert.  Reelseat insert and winding check were finished with 6 coats of medium CA and polished with micromesh to 12,000 grit. This build represented several firsts for me and was my most challenging build, so far.  This was the first build where I bored and turned the reel seat insert and winding check myself.  When I saw that block of wood on Reelseatblanks.com, I couldn’t resist it and tried to pick-up the colors of the wood with the threads and cork I used.  This was also the first time I tried a decorative butt wrap, which took a bit of trial and error.  Also my first time using NCP thread, which I’m not yet sure whether if I like it.

myRpjN0.jpg

IkUEApS.jpg

#2 10 ga Bob

10 ga Bob
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:43 PM

Here are a few more pictures:

JYVrn6q.jpg

hCE29k0.jpg

Ma2bwW7.jpg

Reply to this topic