Steelhead trip to PA

4 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:25 PM

Just got back from a trip to PA for some cold weather steelhead action fishing with Skip. Went through a few big blizzards between Cleveland and PA which added a couple hours to getting there but we made it in one piece. Fishing was tough due to a drastic change in weather where it was 29f and about 6" or more of snow so even some of the guides were having trouble getting fish. Friday was zero fish to hand but I managed to find some fish in one spot yesterday and brought some to net. One was a real solid steelie of about 8-9lbs. Beautiful area to fish with the fresh snow falling in the valley.

VWZ4dQ.jpg

UpP1pn.jpg

QGFRo3.jpg

yamxof.jpg

oEVYis.jpg

ckniTx.jpg

0krmdC.jpg

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 Infinity Rod Creations

Infinity Rod Creations
  • Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:56 PM

I know those spots well.  Glad you got into some fish...weather is what it is.  Whenever I plan a fishing trip it rains.  Sorry you got a doozie of a snow storm on yours!

"My drifts are so distant, I dial a 1 + (area code) when setting the hook!"

Handcrafted Float, Fly, Switch and Spey Fishing Rods
http://www.infinityrodcreations.com

#3 Skiperie

Skiperie
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:54 PM

It was great to finally meet you Steve...  Next time I hope the fishing is a lot better...  Shoulda been here last week haha

#4 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:51 AM

Sorry you got a doozie of a snow storm on yours!

Actually DJ truth be told I love steelhead fishing in the snow. To me steelhead and snow just seem to match well together. And fresh fallen snow makes for a really beautiful settings, so I was actually glad it snowed for the trip.

No worries Skip we had a great time. I was totally content with even just that one big fish. long as I catch one nice fish, have a good time with friends, and see some beautiful water then I consider it a great trip. See ya again in the spring hopefully and I'll show ya around the Au Sable.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#5 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:59 AM

Sounds like a great outing despite the weather.  BTW, who is that masked man?  That's the Lone Steeldrifter! (William Tell Overture is inserted here!)

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users