Photo

Rod Tapers

2 replies to this topic

#1 SamNielson

SamNielson
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

I hesitate putting this out there. But I have pulled from Wayback Machine and elsewhere, about 62 tapers that were in the database on this forum. Is there any interest in these?

I think many/most of them are posted elsewhere. What I have is a small text file for each. I am in the process of trying to pull out of the archives the original postings about the tapers. Sometimes this is only the time/date of the taper posting. Sometimes it includes discussions of the taper. Like I mentioned, I am filling in the other information as I get time.

I don't want to step on any toes, but I figure that these tapers were already posted, so hopefully no one can have a problem with that?

So would anyone want to see them reposted? I could send them to an adminstrator to repost, or. . . . . I'd rather not have to post them individually myself. I have time, but not that kind of time.

Thanks

Sam Nielson

#2 phg

phg
  • Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:13 AM

Sam, I had uploaded a couple of Quad conversions that aren't posted anywhere else.  I don't know if anyone ever took advantage of them, but it seems a shame to have lost the resource. 

If the site administrator is willing, we could reestablish and rebuild the database, but I don't know if it would actually be worth the effort.  It doesn't seem that anyone is using the forum any more.... :(

#3 SamNielson

SamNielson
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:04 PM

I took a quick look. I saw four tapers that you had uploaded. Two were Sir D quads (2pc 3pc), one a Payne 201, and the other a Payne 100 quad.

Did you keep copies? If not I can send these to you.

I think you are right about re-establishing the database. The activity here seems quite low of late. I am curious to know if the tapers are what drew people here and then sent them elsewhere? I can't imagine that that was the only thing.

Sam Nielson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users