#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,491 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

ArdaAi.jpg
 1rwpV1.jpg

Well it is officially after Christmas so not being one to rest on my laurels I started work on the big 240g tank build project. First thing was to tear down the wall that divides the office from the shop. 6 hours later....bye bye wall.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:57 PM

Just don't ever remove the wrong wall.  Guy, don't you sleep?  You always have an iron in the fire.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#3 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,491 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:13 PM

I can sleep when I'm dead.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

#4 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:17 AM

I was figuring that water weighs approximately 8 lb. to the gallon- 2,000 lbs..  You will have to build a hellacious big stand for that aquarium.  BTW, what are you going to put in this one?  Use a refrigeration unit and you can raise trout.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#5 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

He's gonna heat it and use it for a Hot Tub

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

www.southwestcustomrods.com

Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#6 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

Oh, no!  I'm getting a mental picture!  :wacko:   Good thing it will be inside.

John T.

#7 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,491 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:00 PM

Well got a bit more done over the past day or two. Now that the wall is down I was faced with the ugly perforated board ceiling that was left in the one section of the shop. So got all that ripped down and started staining the boards to continue the wood ceiling so it is all uniform from one end of the room to the other. Still have more of that to do but got a start on it now. Also started on painting the back wall to match the rest of the walls. Still a ton to do but go a decent start on it at least.

bOwiGM.jpg
 taEOTn.jpg
 5RAN89.jpg
 0GViUk.jpg

mcfr.jpg

#8 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,491 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:41 PM

Another full day of work in the books. I must be getting old because these projects wear me out more than they use too that's for sure. Most of the walls painted and some things moved around just to see a basic idea of where I want everything. With my OCD I must have moved every bit of furniture 10 times tonight. It'll all have to be moved out again soon when I start working on the floor. Originally I had planned to do the dual 20g xtra high side tanks with waterfall(sandfalls) in them on each side of the main tank (you can see the one tank on the left of the main one in the pic below). Now I am thinking I may decide to do them built into the stand itself under the main tank to save a little room. Last thing I want is for the room to look cramped, I want it to be open and free flowing so gonna have to play around with the idea of where I plan to put those two tanks still.

5H0qTb.jpg

mcfr.jpg

#9 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

I must be getting old because these projects wear me out more than they use too that's for sure.

Welcome to the club!  And, it doesn't get any better. 

John T.

#10 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,491 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

h1SZoz.jpg

Managed to finally get one thing done that I have been wanting to do for a long time now. Have been putting off moving the drying cabinet for a very long time now but since the new tank means I had to relocate it anyway I finally got around to doing it. Rather than being 15ft away from the bench I now relocated it directly above the bench so rods will be much easier to put in it now and not have to move them so far to dry.

mcfr.jpg

#11 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:01 AM

Good idea and handy so when you get old like Ron and me, it is easier on the joints.  BTW, what are you going to put in this mega-tank?

John T.

#12 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,491 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:02 PM

Moving over all the hap cichlids from the 75g tank I have into this one because they are getting too big for the tank they are in now. Plus with the extra size I'll be able to add more of them to it.

mcfr.jpg

#13 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,491 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:00 PM

DrUF1S.jpg

Little more progress on the 240g tank/remodel project. Put a Lowes gift card I got few weeks ago for B-day to use and got some more flooring with it today. Getting there slow but surely.

mcfr.jpg

#14 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,491 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:57 PM

N6a2AG.jpg

Burning some midnight oil.

mcfr.jpg

#15 Carl Z

Carl Z
  • Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

So what's going on with the floor.  It looks like the wood floor has been removed.  Is this just to keep it clean or is there something new going down?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users