Photo

2012 Expo

6 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf

Wolf
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Was planning on going but the finances weren't there. How was the expo? What was your favorite part?

#2 Tom Kirkman

Tom Kirkman
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

See a bit of it for yourself:

http://www.rodbuildi...12-expo/cat/506

#3 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

Looks like another great one Tom thumbsup.gif

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#4 baitwaister

baitwaister
  • Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

Tom I hope you keep having them so that I can make one. So far the last three years they have been the same weekend as the State wrestling Tournament ( I am a Coach) and cannot make it. I am hoping next year if you have it that the show is a weekend later or the tourney is a weekend sooner. i don't know if my pocketbook could handle all the great deals that are supposed to be there, but I sure am willing to see! clapping.gif

#5 Tom Kirkman

Tom Kirkman
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

We had a fantastic turn out, just over 3000 attendees not including the 150 or so exhibitor personnel.

#6 phg

phg
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

This was the first one I've attended in High Point. (I usually have a conflict for that weekend.) I was only there Sat., but it was a good event. I met with several other NC rod builders and we had a very enjoyable day chatting with the vendors, and evaluating their offerings.

None of us bought very much, I spent less than $100, but it was good to get to talk with Renzetti, Batson, the guys at American Tackle, Karen from Bingham, and a few more. I do wish that the vendors had brought more fly rod components, but overall, it was good. My one real disappointment was that no one had PacBay rod winding thread (the PacBay rep was just displaying, not selling.) I needed a spool of evergreen to finish a rod I'm working on whistling1.gif and was figuring on picking it up there. I guess I'll just have to order it. I did get several spools of Fishhawk and Gudebrod.

All in all, a pleasant way to spend a February Saturday.

#7 Tom Kirkman

Tom Kirkman
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

By the way, the guy in the Pacific Bay booth wasn't a "rep" - that was Vic Cutter, their national sales manager.

One very good thing about the Expo is that companies don't send us reps - they send their owners, operators and engineers. When you get an answer from one of these guys, you're getting it right from the guys who own and operate the companies, as well as those who actually design and make the products.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users