Celebrating 6 years smoke free

5 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:37 AM

Today is a special day for me. Today marks exactly 6 years since the day I finally decided to become a non smoker. At the time I was smoking over a pack a day and tried everything I could find to quite but nothing worked long term for me. Then finally 6 years ago I just got up one morning and simply decided I was tired of slowly killing myself, so I tossed out what I had on me and have not touched a single cigarette since that day. One of the very best decisions I ever made in my life by far.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 firedad

firedad
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

Congratulations! I also was a long time smoker cant remember how long it's been since I quit but I remember I was no longer able to hike to the top and light one up anymore in fact I was starting to have a hard time making it to the top at all

#3 jsid6g

jsid6g
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:17 PM

great for you , all I can  do is give you lots of hands for what you did  

#4 Greg LaPolla

Greg LaPolla
  • Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:09 AM

Congrats!  I think its been about 26 Years or so since I quit.  

#5 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:35 PM

Congrats! 

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#6 coyodel

coyodel
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

Fantastic and congrats on extending your life span so you can do more fishing!

As I life long asthmatic I just can't for the life of me (literally) figure why people still smoke.

Half this game is 90% mental.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users