Beware this ebay seller

2 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

For anyone that buys rod parts on ebay beware a seller that goes by the seller ID of aegir_49_12345.

Every once in a while I will snag parts like seats and such when they go for a good deal on Ebay. Have not had any issues with anyone until this bozo. Bought a seat from him last week listed as "New". Seat gets here and first off it may have never been used on a rod build but it must have been bouncing around in a drawer for the past 10 yrs because the hoods are all marred and scratched. Would have chalked that up to just "o well" if that were it, but then upon spinning the lock nut I see it jams up 3/4 the way down.

Contacted seller and the guy is a real jerk, trying to blame me for "buyers remorse". Yeah I have buyers remorse, remorse he sold me a junk seat that doesn't even work properly much less should not be sold as new.

Anyway just a heads you for anyone that buys parts on ebay, put this bozo on your blacklist to avoid issues.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

Thanks.  Sorry you had to be the one to be the test model.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#3 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

No biggie, it was a messily amount of money. Just the principal is what made me pissed. When someone sells something as New and it is not even usable, that's just not right.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users