Thought it might be fun to lighten things up a bit if folks would post some examples of some boo-boos we have made or odd stuff that has occurred while building a rod. For example:
One time I couldn't figure out why my first coat of epoxy was not drying after a full night on the dryer. Turns out I used a double dose of resin instead of the 50/50 mix with hardener. Had to wipe it all off of course and start anew with more clearly labeled bottles!
Secondly, I was anxious to bring a just finished rod to a class of new builders and when I opened the door to the classroom the door closed on the tip and snapped it right off. So, with a red face, we had a session on repairing a broken tip!