Photo

Posting Photos and other Images with Photobucket

10 replies to this topic

#1 kbproctor

kbproctor
  • Super Moderators
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:34 AM

Using Photobucket is really easy. All you need is a Photobucket account and knowledge of how to copy and paste. That's it!

Since most folks have trouble getting images to show up in posts and not with getting photos onto Photobucket, I will not describe the process to upload your images to that site. You do have to set your privacy to "Public" which is the default setting or the images will not be seen no matter what you do by anyone but you.

Let's say I want to display this picture.

I first find the thumbnail on Photobucket.

Then I hover over the thumbnail and things change to look like this.

Click in the box next to where it reads, "IMG Code" The text in the box will briefly change to "copied".

Go back to your post where you want to show a picture and copy the link onto a line by itself. It will look something like this.

the The IMG tags before and after are important. If they are not there, the board does not know it is suposed to display a picture.

Preview your post to see that everything looks the way you want it to and don't forget to save it to the board after previewing it.

That's all there is to it!
Kevin

Colorado Custom Fly Rods, Ltd.

If your parents never had kids, chances are you won't either....

#2 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

Kevin, does that work for the avatar photo? My Controls shows the picture I want to show but doesn't come up on a thread or post. Tried PB and directly from my PIctures library.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#3 kbproctor

kbproctor
  • Super Moderators
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

No. The avatar is stored on the board's server. You will have to resize that which you can do in Preview on a Mac or the equivalent basic image viewing/editing software from the other guys.
Kevin

#4 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

I resized the picture from the computer and also tried from PB. Can't remember how I did the present avatar. MyControls said the avatar was updated but when I go to a ost, nothing's changed. Will keep trying.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#5 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

John press the F5 key (that is the browser refresh for your browser). Now say thank you almighty Steeldrifter you are an internet God! wink.gif

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#6 kbproctor

kbproctor
  • Super Moderators
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (John T. @ Nov 14 2012, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I resized the picture from the computer and also tried from PB. Can't remember how I did the present avatar. MyControls said the avatar was updated but when I go to a ost, nothing's changed. Will keep trying.

Empty your browser cache.
Kevin

#7 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Now say thank you almighty Steeldrifter you are an internet God!

Im afraid I might get struck by lightning from the real One. whistling1.gif Did the F5 thingy. Will try again.
Edit: It's alive! Dang! I'm going to delete the avatar. I'm looking old! crying.gif

John T.

#8 SmokingOhioButcher

SmokingOhioButcher
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:28 PM

I thought I would bump this up for us newbies out there!

#9 phg

phg
  • Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:48 PM

It's worth adding that PhotoBucket has become a royal pain in the butt to use!  I've been doing this for years, and it's gotten progressively more aggravating, to the point that I can no longer recommend the service.  I know that they are trying to drive everyone to the subscription service model, but the way they are going at it is unacceptable, at least to me.

#10 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:56 PM

It's worth adding that PhotoBucket has become a royal pain in the butt to use!  I've been doing this for years, and it's gotten progressively more aggravating, to the point that I can no longer recommend the service.  I know that they are trying to drive everyone to the subscription service model, but the way they are going at it is unacceptable, at least to me.

Agree 100% with you. I use to use photobucket all the time but it's got so bad over the past 2 years I stopped using it and now use Imageshack. I opted for the subscription to imageshack which is super cheap, like $5 or $10 year or something like that and it's hassle free. There still is a free option for imageshack as well. Photobucket is really bad these days.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#11 Carl Z

Carl Z
  • Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

Has anyone subscribed to PhotoBucked?  I'm wondering if the $15 per year is worth it.  More expensive than $5-$10 but PhotoBucket has been ok except for the occasional outages and the annoying adds.  It does seem to be overkill for what I want too.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users