• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Night-Life

Night-Life
  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Bumping and Humping.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:54 AM

I am looking to build a Crankbait Rod for 1/4 to 3/4 Crankbaits and it needs to be in the 7.0ft to 7.4ft range in the med/med or med/hvy range not sure witch would be best. I was looking at the Rod Geeks blanks made out of carbon fiber but I am not sure how good Carbon fiber is never used one before so witch do you like best the Rod Geeks Carbon fiber blanks or the RainShadow RX-7 graphite blanks and in what power and action.

Glenn McMurrian

#2 bish0p

bish0p
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:fishing, rod building

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

My first build was on a green Rainshadow RX7 fly blank. I love this rod and still fish with it.

RodGeeks' C4 and C2 carbon fiber are the same as St Croix's SCIV and SCII. I've read nothing but good reviews about RodGeeks.

#3 ghoti

ghoti
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

Rainshadow's Revelation series is built using "upgraded" RX7 material. Very nice for the price. I've built three, and all three were very well received.

American Tackle's Bushido line is really good for the price. I've built four of those, and the guys that have them love them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carbon fiber Blanks, Rod Geeks, Rainshadow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users