20 replies to this topic

#16 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:35 PM

No, Steve, it was meeting some real odd characters. :wacko:

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#17 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:59 PM

Must be talking about Ron.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#18 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:21 PM

I said odd, not old! :D 

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#19 Tomah

Tomah
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

I've mixed both finished parts from the same bottle too. When the 'mix' is still completely liquid after three hours, you know something's amiss.

Also inverted the reel seat skeleton when gluing to the insert. 

But one of my rods makes it what I call the "F. Merkle Custom." As many of you know, Fred Merkle was a baseball player whose name is synonymous with the 'bonehead play' or rookie mistake. Never mind that extenuating circumstances existed; poor Mr Merkle wears the albatross. My 'boner' occurred after rubbing off a guide placement mark in the course of wrapping other guides on the section. Impatient to get the position re-marked, I put the section against the tape measure, checked the original placements, figured the distance from the next guide, and made the mark. Well, when the section was on the dryer and well into the epoxy cure process, something didn't look right. The spacing didn't get progressively longer going up-rod. I must've put the section onto the tape measure reversed from original orientation, and as a result have one guide over an inch closer to its up-rod neighbor than it should be. I figured, well, this could be my first repair job, but then the rod fishes just fine, so maybe not.

#20 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

Wee ahl macke misteaks at wun time er anodder. 

John T.

#21 djkruc

djkruc
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:01 PM

Hi guys been a very long time since i've posted but i still am here.  One of the few rods, and one of my first, was as it turned out a nightmare.   I built it as a Fathers Day present for my son in law.   He could not use it while we were together.  A few weeks later he brought it over and said there was a slight problem.  Somehow during the process of building the rod I rotated it one eighty degrees from the original eyelets.  I vaguely remember doing this because of some weird look issue. 

He ended up having to fish with the reel being rotated onto the top of the the rod instead of at the bottom LOL.  On a good note, he was still able to use it to catch several nice fish on the weekend until I could correct it.  Jeez what a deal !!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users