East Branch Rod Help

2 replies to this topic

#1 cemhw5

cemhw5
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:45 PM

Hello,

I have unfortunately broken the last two inches off the end of my friends East Branch 8 ft. 5 wt. two piece rod. 

I do not know anything about building rods but the fly shop said that I would have to find a blank/buy a replacement for that piece of the rod.

As some of you probably know, East Branch went out of buisiness so i cannot just buy a replacement piece.

Does anyone have advice regarding where I could find a blank or buy a replacement?  Also, if there is anyone who is familiar with these rods what would be a comparable rod for me to buy as a replacement?

Thank you so much for your help!

Cory

#2 tedshuck

tedshuck
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:43 PM

I have a couple of East Branch rods in trout weights that I like quite a bit, a 4wt and 5wt.  The are moderate action rods.  I used to have a 7wt that was a very fast rod.  As I remember, they made about 3 different actions, from a moderate action close to a Winston IM6, to very fast action, like a Sage XP.  If you know the type of action that your friend's rod had, it will be easier to recommend a replacement blank.

Ted

#3 cemhw5

cemhw5
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

Ted,

Thanks for the reply. I do not know the action of the rod.  I have attached a couple of pics if that would be of help.

IMAG03961.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users