11ft nymph rod

5 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:14 AM

Latest off the bench is this 11ft 3/4wt nymph rod. Nice wood seat with natural cork grip & butt and rubberized ends, cardinal red wraps with custom made sock and tube.

dK2moW.jpg

pry1mV.jpg

3AB3y5.jpg

AY1ZkQ.jpg

GhBGnV.jpg

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:30 PM

Nice rod.  I'm intrigued by the cloth for the rod sock.  Where di you get it?  My wife makes mine.  Found a neat pink pattern t Hobby Lobby for the CFR rod for next spring.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#3 Matthew LeBret

Matthew LeBret
  • Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:41 PM

Been a long time sense I have been on this forum. Glad to see you still producing quality rod's!!!

#4 jsid6g

jsid6g
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:49 AM

the nickle in the but  it looks like it extends out a little pass the cork butt,  could you pass along  the method you used to hold the nickle on ?  just clean the nickle an use epoxy

if so  what will hold it on ? will the epoxy hold well ?? 

#5 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:29 PM

Not sure where she gets that trout material from John, most likely the local fabric store but not sure.

The butt cap is a coat button bought from local fabric stores as well. It's lighter than a real nickle and has a boss on the back of it that gets sewed onto a coat so it gives the epoxy something extra to grab onto. Stays in place no problem, I have some rods I did it to 10 yrs ago that still have it on them. Usually can get a card of two of them for about $3 at local stores.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#6 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:45 PM

Thanks, Steve.  Will be on the lookout at fabric stores for more ideas.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users