• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

Personally I would challenge anyone to prove they can cast "better or more accurate" with a spined rod. Accuracy is more about the person casting than the rod itself. Just one of those things where if you believe something to be true then you'll find a way to make it seem like it is IMO. But to each his own. If someone wants to believe it makes a difference then more power to them it's not like it's hurting anything.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#17 rhossack

rhossack
  • Members
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

This is an interesting thread.  I guess if a fisherman can cast better than me, and most can, the spine makes a difference.

Well, I have a son that can tell ... and he doesn't mind telling me in his so gentle manner, "that rods a piece of crap!" ... I can't.

You know the person who made that statement and I personally wouldn't question it.

And quit putting yourself on the bottom shelf.  You are one fine fisherman and caster and craftsman.

“He who is without sin let them cast the first stone and make sure it’s a biggun, cause not many are going to come”.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users