Photo

Garrison style binder plans

8 replies to this topic

#1 Perry B

Perry B
  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

Im sure that this has been posted a dozen times but cannot seem to find it.
I am looking to build a garrison style binder and cant find the plans to do so. I have found a few threads and websites that talk about tuning the binder, but none that go into detail about how to build one. Thanks guys.

#2 Sweet Cane Rods

Sweet Cane Rods
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

All types of binders at this link including Garrison types. Click on the images and some open to detailed instructions.

http://www.bamboorod...ml/binders.html

More Direct

http://www.canerod.c...ools/Index.html
[size=6][font=Georgia]

#3 mdraft1

mdraft1
  • Members
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

If you IM me your email address i will send a number of pictures and PDF with plans and tips on making and tuning a binder.

www.proofflyfishing.com

Your source for fair priced, high quality rod building supplies.  Snake Brand guides, cork, thread, blanks, rod finish, tools, etc...  

#4 tinchoch

tinchoch
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (mdraft1 @ Sep 20 2008, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you IM me your email address i will send a number of pictures and PDF with plans and tips on making and tuning a binder.

Hi, Mdraft1 could you send me too that pdf. Mi e-mail is: [email protected]
thanks
Tincho

#5 flyman219

flyman219
  • Members
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Fly fishing, fly tying, rod building, restoring old outboard motors, home remodeling, family stuff, my kids, retirement fun!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:10 AM

I followed MDRAFT1's modification when I build my binder and I am very happy with the results. The continous drive system is very smooth in operation (no knot hang ups). Great idea, thanks for sharing your idea. I'm in the process of doing the final tuning of the binder thread feed alignment and I plan on adding a slit wet sponge on the return side of the drive to pick up most of the excess glue.

http://www.rodbuildi...?...c=20200&hl=

Mike

#6 Jeremy

Jeremy
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

Mdraft, I'd sure like to see what you too if you wouldn't mind. I'm not sure what I'm going to do on that account yet.

Thanks you for any help..my email is...

thegubster(AT)msn(DOT)com

Jeremy.

#7 karelgol

karelgol
  • Members
  • 617 posts
  • Interests:Fly fishing, rod building

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:46 PM

As i've seen this question multiple times on this board, i've made some technical (3D and 2D)drawings in Solid Edge this afternoon, without the continuous drive belt but that should be easily incorporated when you get started building the binder. The drawings are based on Wayne Cattanachs explanations and those on Harry's site. Just got a few questions:

- Should i include some kind of bearings for the small pulleys or would a loose fit for these pulleys suffice? Or even allow the drive belt to slip over those pulleys?
- The sizes are metric, anyone out there with a better knowledge of Solid Edge knowing an easy way to convert to inches? Or to who i could send the files (academic version 19) and who could do the conversion?
- What would be the easiest way to publish them here? Downloadable pdf? JPG? I don't have an FTP server on my site.

Karel

Just finished, it looks like this:

#8 Titanic

Titanic
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

Hi, I am brand new to this forum. I am considering building a bamboo rod and I would like the PDF plans for the Garrison Binder. My e-mail is [email protected] Thanks for offering to share.

Kevin

#9 mrjamie

mrjamie
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:50 PM

a little late but could i possibly as well? [email protected]

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users