Trout spey rods in progress

4 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

These are taking a while because they are a pair of trout spey rods I'm building for myself and my fishing buddy Mark so I'm only able to work on them in shorts frames here & there between customer builds. Finally got the seats and grips done on them now at least. Applied 8 coats of clear urethane to the grips which really brings out all the fancy cork work colors nicely. Hope to have some time to wrap them next week perhaps.

9rFg0M.jpg
 j6yrex.jpg
 YxiZCq.jpg
 5UVWPm.jpg
 sGQYP1.jpg

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 rhossack

rhossack
  • Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:34 AM

nice Steve ...

“He who is without sin let them cast the first stone and make sure it’s a biggun, cause not many are going to come”.

#3 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,677 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

Your usual quality work, Steve.  Thanks for the pictures.  Looking for the finished rods.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#4 Infinity Rod Creations

Infinity Rod Creations
  • Members
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:59 AM

Yawn...

What I'd expect out of your shop...

LOL!

"My drifts are so distant, I dial a 1 + (area code) when setting the hook!"

Handcrafted Float, Fly, Switch and Spey Fishing Rods
http://www.infinityrodcreations.com

#5 RavenBC

RavenBC
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

Nice I have a 12ft 2/3wt Blank sitting in my shop that I am looking forward to build.  Hopefully will get to it soon, but need to finish a few other builds, and am also customizing a new to me 12ft Aluminum boat.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users