Is it just me?

lame customer service

22 replies to this topic

#1 coyodel

coyodel
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:58 PM

I have to vent a little bit because right now I have at least 6 emails out to various companies (some more than 1 email) with no reply to questions about their products even though I would like to purchase the correct product.  And from a couple of companies that I think are sponsors here also.

What frustrates me is that if you're a small business in a small, niche market selling stuff from your website and you have a link that says "Questions?  Email us!" shouldn't you actually pay attention to your email?

If someone could answer my question I would like to give your company my money!!

Half this game is 90% mental.

#2 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:06 PM

It's that way everywhere these days. Case in point- I currently have emails to the USPS main office, the City water supply Dept, and my local cable company. All with questions/issues I am having. All the emails are 3-7 days since they were sent, guess how many I have had replied too? NONE

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#3 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:33 PM

Aint sent me any, or you would have got an answer

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

www.southwestcustomrods.com

Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#4 coyodel

coyodel
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:14 PM

Aint sent me any, or you would have got an answer

Actually you're right but you were next up the list for a couple of seats with some nice figure in them! 

I'm going down my list but I knew you'd answer anyway so I wasn't too worried about it. 

#5 coyodel

coyodel
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

It's that way everywhere these days. Case in point- I currently have emails to the USPS main office, the City water supply Dept, and my local cable company. All with questions/issues I am having. All the emails are 3-7 days since they were sent, guess how many I have had replied too? NONE

The worst part is all those entities KNOW they have you by the cajones so they don't have to be responsive because you're stuck with them.

If you don't get an answer from your cable company email the city that holds the agreement with them or the state PUC.

#6 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

Tell the cable company if you don't hear from them in 48 hours, you are going to install a satellite system.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#7 ACowley

ACowley
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

Having the same issue with a vendor right now. I don't think they're a sponsor, but don't want to name any names...yet. Ordered 2 wks ago, got shipping notification last Monday, shipped USPS 2-day, and credit card charged. I check the tracking a couple of days ago and it's still in "pre-shipment." I've sent qn email, used their "contact us" form and called twice, left voicemail once and nothing. It might just be a USPS error, but still, some support from the vendor would be nice.

#8 Oncorhynchus

Oncorhynchus
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

Don't trust the USPS tracking information. It's meaningless in many cases.

#9 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

Tell the cable company if you don't hear from them in 48 hours, you are going to install a satellite system.

Wouldn't make any difference with our cable company. I switched to Comcast about a year ago because they had WFN (World Fishing Network) as well as better ineternet speed, the channel line up and speed is better than others, but Comcast is THE worst customer service company I'm ever dealt with. Out of 15 months only 2 bills have been correct, they don't honor their own contract even though it's written on the contract, they say they will fix an issue yet they never do, you can't get anyone there to do anything, no one at Comcast can even say who it is that can actually help with billing. Hell I've even had at least 6 calls into Corporate over the past few months and they always say someone will return my call in 24hrs, and no one ever does. The problem with them is they are a franchise company and lots of their people simply work from home and are not professional what so ever. If I told you even half the crap I have been through dealing with Comcast in the past year your head would spin.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

#10 coyodel

coyodel
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:55 PM

Try this address:  [email protected] with your acct #, service address and contact info.

I've used it before and they will definitely get back you and actually get stuff done especially billing screwups.

#11 Carl Z

Carl Z
  • Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

Vent away, but I've also found that small businesses get a bit behind around the holidays for this type of stuff.  If the "right person" is out of the office, things don't always get followed up on.

Not an excuse, but reality.  

#12 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

I get behind, but I still maintain communications with individuals, plus I work a standard job along with also running my business.  very rarely does more than 4 or 5 hours go by that I do not respond, and that is just usually because I am asleep. 

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

www.southwestcustomrods.com

Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#13 Bigdadyrods

Bigdadyrods

"Life is hard;It's harder for stupid people"John Wayne

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

Why sleep Ron???

Randy

#14 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

Steve.....and they wonder why we drink! :blink:

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#15 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:32 PM

Steve.....and they wonder why we drink! :blink:

Hardest thing I drink these days is coffee John ^_^

mcfr.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users