Photo

one for myself

8 replies to this topic

#1 s kiley

s kiley
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

8'6" 3/2 5wt, ammonia tempered cane that is darker than in the picture,star hollow built ,ferrules and reelseat parts are shop made of deep drawn nickel silver,the only thing not made by me are the guides,now if i could just take good pictures,thanks for looking ,steve

#2 kbproctor

kbproctor
  • Super Moderators
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Since you didn't make the guides, you will never be happy with that rod. You better send it to me where it will be appreciated. Just to help you out, I'll even pay postage.

Beautiful stick, Steve. I love that Fenwick grip and the wraps flow with the seat and accent on the front of the grip magnificently.
Kevin

Colorado Custom Fly Rods, Ltd.

If your parents never had kids, chances are you won't either....

#3 bamboo-bob

bamboo-bob
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:47 AM

Very nice!
I like the handle and the colors.
I am haunted by waters

#4 tenn clif

tenn clif
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

Very nice work, Steve!

#5 Bowbiker

Bowbiker
  • Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

Very nice work, Steve! You know I am a fan of yours!!
Do you think you could spring with a close-up of the ferrules, and what is the finish on the reel seat?

Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Dick Seymour

#6 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Matching seat and winding check- outstanding! headbang.gif What wood is it? My complements on a nice rod! I need to get on the lathe and practice those small parts.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#7 s kiley

s kiley
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

thewood is some local Or. walnut,the finish is a wipe on poly made by mixing 1 pat finish and one part mineral spirits.

the ferrule picture are before i polished them up,steve

#8 rsa

rsa
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Beautiful rod Steve! thumbsup.gif And is it really for your own use?! I mean for fishing? shocking.gif She's too pretty for make her wet on the water..! wink.gif

A question on ferrules... On the last picture where the ferrules are shown,...the outside diameter on the ferrule seems equal to the diameter on the bamboo section?! You had to remove quite a bit of bamboo on the ferrule stations!!? And without tabs...isn't this dangerous mellow.gif

r smile.gif

#9 s kiley

s kiley
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

the ferrules are standard size for the diamiter of the blank,but the anealed skirt insted of tabe can be ironed or formed to the blank after they are installed,just like granger and philipson did,steve

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users