Photo

Good Day All

10 replies to this topic

#1 Spiel

Spiel
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

Hello folks, been perusing this site on and off for a few years.
I finally decided to sign up. I'm in Canada and have been building rods for over forty years. And yet I still consider myself a student with much to learn.

If I had to pigeon hole my style I'd say I'm more of a traditional builder, but not unwilling to try new techniques within a traditional style.

I hope I can offer at least a little bit back to the forum in relation to what I've garnered through reading the forum.

Cheers
Spiel

#2 Jay McKnight

Jay McKnight
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:27 PM

Hi Chris, glad to see you're here.

#3 Spiel

Spiel
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:29 PM

Thanks Jay. Happy to be here.

#4 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

Folks do not kid youselfs on his modesty, Chris builds some of most awsome rods out there. His grips and reel seat inserts are definitely a big cut above the normal. Chris, welcome to the forum, it is a real pleasure to have you join. Throw up a couple of pics so that some can see just what kind of work you do turn out.

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

www.southwestcustomrods.com

Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#5 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:41 AM

Welcome to the forum.  Your credentials are well established by Ron.  Yes, let's see some pictures of your work.  That will give me some more rods to copy. ;)

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#6 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:07 AM

I thought you had to build rods before you could copy them. Funny we never see pics of your builds like you ask of others.  Lets practice what we preach

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

#7 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:06 PM

Ron gets grouchy this time of day.  B)  Rods are given out before I have a chance to take pictures.  I have a new camera that hopefully will take good macro photos.  Have four rods in the works- one finished yesterday and the second one is partially done.  Others are in the dugout, waiting to be called up.  Stand by to be amazed!

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#8 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:17 PM

Ouch!  What brought that on?

Someone needs to keep him in his place. We have a mutual harassment clause between us is all 

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

#9 Spiel

Spiel
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:19 PM

Well thanks guys. I will comply in time. Busy here today packing for a week long fishing trip.

And no modesty Ron, I do frequently see builds here that "WOW" me and have me thinking I need to do more to stay in the loop.

So many talented folks and so many cool ideas. There is no end to the learning curve in this game.  ;)

#10 John A.

John A.
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:15 PM

Welcome Chris. Look forward to hearing more from you!

John A.

#11 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:22 PM

Thanks, Ron.  I'll have to review the fine print on the agreement.  I'll get one of my grandkids to help with the big words. ^_^

John T.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users