Photo

A source for orange/black variegated thread

9 replies to this topic

#1 Magoo

Magoo
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

I found how I'd found the orange and black variegated thread I got. Jayhake provided the link a while back.

http://www.belvoirdale.com/

The only variegated nylon thread they show is orange/black. I don't remember asking if they had any unlisted limited quatities of anything else. They do have several choices in silk.

It's not clear to me on their website what threads are available in what sizes. My spool says "No. 30" on it in one place (other than that 50m (length?) is the only number shown). No "A" or "B" or any of that. I can't say by how much, but my orange/black is visibly thicker than Gudebrod size A.

It was expensive, shipping just one spool of thread. I like it though, and will order a couple more, and maybe take the opportunity to dabble in silk. Just saving on shipping costs, ya know? Gotta think these things through. wink.gif

Oh- I should add. This stuff almost gave me a coronary while wrapping the Reel Recovery rod. I was wrapping along and happened to glance over at the spool. I saw pure orange thread appearing on the spool - not yet being fed to me ohmy.gif . I thought " shit.gif ! Two guides to go, and now no telling how much of this "unique" thread I had left." Turns out that it was just a bad ~10 foot section where the black and orange had come untiwisted. Cut that out and I was good to go. Touchy for a bit there though.

#2 Gamecock

Gamecock
  • Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for the link Magoo

They have some really nice looking thread. That black and red seems to appeal to me. wink.gif

Chris Donato

#3 Magoo

Magoo
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:24 PM

Ya think the red might go a bit darker with epoxy, say Garnet or something? cool.gif Eh, I guess that'd look all right. If you're into that kind of thing. sick.gif

That orange and black, though. That sure is a purdy orange color before the epoxy. I just might have to get some CP and Tiger paw decals one of these days.

Apologies to everyone else. The fighting chicken Gamecock is the mascot for USC, and I sometimes try to feign diehard loyalty to my school, Clemson, the in-state rival. (Please don't bring up the NCAA tourney - argh)

#4 Gamecock

Gamecock
  • Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

I will also apologize to the rest if the board (except to Stevedore b/c I give him hell also)...I get a little hung up on school loyalty. hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

With that said, I might be doing a "clemson" rod soon for a friend of mine. So, that orange thread mught come in handy.

Thanks,

Chris Donato

#5 Magoo

Magoo
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:49 PM

If you've got some CP, I could probably spare enough for just one rod. For a good cause of course wink.gif . Shoot me a PM if you'd like to "borrow" my spool.

Cheers

Here's a picture of the thread pre- and post epoxy with FC lite. The flash really brightened/yellowed it up, it's really quite orange-y. I don't know how it'd look if you used CP, but I'd say it's worth a few test wraps and coatings.

IPB Image

#6 Gamecock

Gamecock
  • Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

Magoo,

I appreciate the offer, but at the moment this rod is all talk. My buddy wants to do it but I think he is a little scared about it. I just need to get him to cast a few of my rods and that will make up his mind!!

Thanks for the help,

Chris Donato

#7 STEVEDORE

STEVEDORE
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

Chris, I'm thinking a nice Orange/Purple would look great. You notice when those colors are written the 1st letters are always capitalized. I got your back, Magoo! boxing.gif
A man's gotta believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.

#8 Gamecock

Gamecock
  • Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:04 AM

I actually think that would make for a really cool rod on a black blank....if you are into that kind of thing.

I did build a UGA rod for a friend so if I am willing to stoop that low..... dunno.gif dunno.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Chris

#9 Robbie

Robbie
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:18 AM

We have plenty of this classic twist thread in stock. We have red/black, orange/black, green/black, and yellow/black in stock. We can wind it on any size spool required. Please send us an e-mail and let us know if you have a need, [email protected]

Robbie

#10 Landrodz?

Landrodz?
  • Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Magoo @ Mar 30 2008, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you've got some CP, I could probably spare enough for just one rod. For a good cause of course wink.gif . Shoot me a PM if you'd like to "borrow" my spool.

Cheers

Here's a picture of the thread pre- and post epoxy with FC lite. The flash really brightened/yellowed it up, it's really quite orange-y. I don't know how it'd look if you used CP, but I'd say it's worth a few test wraps and coatings.

I am finishing a rod now that I did dark green wraps with trim bands with the orange/black twist no CP - they look like chestnut once I used the FC lite on them. I will be posting pictures Friday or Saturday on the showcase section when the rod is done.

I have a small spool to spare if you are in a bind - if you cover shipping

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users