QWXZJU.jpg
 LVO63F.jpg
 NLE0wF.jpg
 PfeUV3.jpg
 uXkMre.jpg
 ktNBbY.jpg
 Ox0dek.jpg
 D7u53q.jpg

Great time on the Au Sable again over the past couple days. Lot's of cookie cutter size bows between 11"-13" which are not huge but do make for an enjoyable day, then a few unexpected "bonus" fish. While late night fishing for browns I got a few decent Walleye on the fly which were fun. Also found a new spot on the river that is more secluded than some other sections which I plan to fish a lot more in the future. All in all a really good trip with a great friend.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

So much water, so little time!  I'm impressed with the pink colors on the rainbows.  I assume that they are wild trout.  Good luck on the new place.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#3 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

There's both stocked and wild fish in the river. That one had probably the brightest red gill and stripe I have seen on a bow in many years. No image editing either, it really was that bright.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

#4 Carl Z

Carl Z
  • Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:18 PM

Are the Walleye and Trout coming out of the same section of river?   I need to get up there for a decent fishing trip.  I got up to Grayling for a couple of nights in July, but I only fished the evenings.

It looks like heaven. 

Carl

#5 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

Yep all from the same section. I've caught trout, walleye, smallmouth, pike, redhorse, and even whitfish in that section.

mcfr.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users