Photo

PC7 epoxy at Home Depot

5 replies to this topic

#1 Cpmech

Cpmech
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:28 PM

I need some epoxy for attaching grips and reel seats. I seen PC 7 on Home Depot . Com with free shipping. Has anyone used it? How did it work? Please let me know your thoughts. Thank You. Brian

#2 dkoenst

dkoenst
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:16 PM

It's good stuff. The only negative is that it doesn't dry clear. I wouldn't use on lighter colored components because of its dark gray color, unless you are super thorough in your clean-up..

#3 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:28 AM

I have used Two Ton epoxy.  Good stuff.  I am using Rod Bond and find it to be good but isn't as near liquid as Two Ton.  Rod Bond won't flow into cracks and crevices.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#4 rhossack

rhossack
  • Members
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:30 PM

I have PC7 and it sticks just fine.   But I prefer using Gorilla Glue as it flows into all the cracks and crevices and is real easy to clean up after it dries.

“He who is without sin let them cast the first stone and make sure it’s a biggun, cause not many are going to come”.

#5 Canewrap

Canewrap
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:03 PM

I use Polyurethane glue (Elmers - GG foams too much for me) for bamboo blanks and for ferrules - once I've established that I like the rod. However, PU glue is not as reversible as Rod Bond or some of the epoxies. It takes close to 600 degrees to get PU glues to let go and by then your rod is toast. I only use it once I'm looking for everything on the rod to be permanent.

#6 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:32 PM

Any two part epoxy is fine, no need to buy "rod building epoxy". Last 5 yrs all I have used is 5 min epoxy from Walmart $2.97. Used on on at least 400+ rods, no issues.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users