11'3" MHX Bait caster Steelhead/Salmon

3 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

Just off the bench is this 11'3" MHX Steelhead & Salmon bait casting rod complete with Roberts style spiral wrap arrangement for the guides which smoothly transfer the line from the top of the rod to the bottom of the rod. Complete with St Croix grips, Fuji guides and Kegan hook keeper.

m741A6.jpg
 RzYjnC.jpg
 G7X4Kc.jpg
 2slZv1.jpg
 MWxkdZ.jpg

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 BGreer

BGreer
  • Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

Holy crap! That thing's a monster.

#3 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

You'd be surprised how light it actually is though for such a big rod. That's one thing I have to hand to Mudhole on their MHX blanks, they are pretty light weight.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#4 10 ga Bob

10 ga Bob
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

I have been planning a casting rod build for salmon using this same blank.  I like the wraps you used!

I'm having a little trouble deciding which reelseat to use with that .67" butt.    I'm looking at a Fuji ACSM17.  Was the reelseat that you used a part of a grip package?  Looks like a Fuji.SM17.

Bob

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users