Photo

Hello after a long time!

7 replies to this topic

#1 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:58 PM

Closed the rod building about 18 months ago. I did find a niche as it is often suggested for a business but, after much  contemplation, didn't retire to go into a full time job again. Always enjoyed the knowledge and banter from the RBF group and learned a lot from them. I am now focusing on carp fishing, with Euro spinning gear or now, with a fly rod. Have some contacts in east TN who have volunteered to show me some places to catch common carp and grass carp. Best to you all!

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#2 chuckster

chuckster
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:22 PM

Hello John, I'm afraid this forum is pretty quiet lately. I still check in daily but not much action to be found. Best of luck catching those carp!

#3 WayneO

WayneO
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:05 PM

This place is a ghost town.  I think the owner has stopped allowing new members and it has kind of killed it.  Moderators didn't help any either.  

#4 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:47 PM

The moderators had absolutely nothing to do with the forum going downhill.  

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

www.southwestcustomrods.com

Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#5 fishbum

fishbum
  • Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:20 AM

They are the reason I quit posting.

#6 WayneO

WayneO
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:55 PM

I've heard that from many others on different forums.  

#7 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:23 AM

Hi John good to see ya around.  Not sure what fishbums issue is with the mods here but that's a problem on his end not ours, everyone these days takes issue with someone for whatever reason so no biggie there far as we are concerned. Far as the site activity. It has nothing to do with the registration being closed or the mods here or anything at all such as that. Anyone that uses forums at all will notice that all forums across the internet are down in participation, even Tom's forum is no where near as active as it use to be and thats been the main rod forum of many years. That is because of Facebook. People have a short attention span these days and they don't want to jump from forum to forum to visit so they simply go to FB and use that since they can get all their interest/forums in one place. There have been tons of rod building groups that have popped up on Fb over the past year and that is where most people post these days. Lots of forums have totally disappeared over the past year.  We keep this site here just because it is "in addition" to our main site the flytying forum.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#8 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:03 PM

FWIW, our Trout Unlimited website has pretty much gone to Facebook.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users